Monday, December 29, 2014

A Day in the Life

Post Christmas, our days are pretty lazy. No school, no work, and not too many plans of any sort.

7:13--Birds wake me up, but everyone else is still asleep, so I stay in bed, reading.

7:45--Stirrings from the boys' room. Escalates in volume within minutes.

8:15--Bean gets up, various people in and out of our bed for the next half hour.

9:00--We finally get some breakfast on the table. This morning, it's oatmeal. We need something healthy before the sugar comes out.

9:30--Kids are busy crafting and playing, being loud, as always. We remind them that they have to actually put on clothing today because they're going to meet up with friends for the day.

10:15 Everyone is dressed and heading out the door. Steve takes the older two to see the Penguins of Madagascar with friends, Peanut and I head to Target to see if they have any good Christmas clearance.

11:30--Peanut and I finished our errands and come home to play Legos and have lunch.

1:00--Peanut is down for a nap and I spend the next hour surfing the web.

2:00--Steve comes home after leaving the kids to go home with their friends to play at their farm.

3:00--Steve and I head out to the garage. It's a relatively warm day and the garage has needed cleaning for awhile now.

3:30--Peanut wakes up and comes out to play. Not as much work is happening, but we slowly get things sorted back into their places as Peanut builds forts and obstacle courses and gets bikes out.

5:30--I go back inside to start making dinner.

6:00--Big kids come home after hours of running wild, playing magic games, and sword fighting. They're going to sleep good tonight!

7:00--Dinner is finally ready. Meals tend to all be later than normal without the school schedule to keep us on track. Bean soup, with ham, because we still have a LOT of ham left from Christmas.

7:30--Kids all run off, trying to sneak more play time out of the day before we wrangle them into bed. I run to Redbox to get a movie.

8:00--Finally get everyone headed to bed. Steve reads to Peanut while I read How to Eat Fried Worms to the older two.

8:30--Everyone's in bed. Bean is reading (and will forget to turn off her light if we don't go back up in half an hour to stop her.) Steve and I watch the latest X-Men movie. We used to be good at keeping up with movies as they come out, but it's gotten harder and harder to fit one in between when the kids go to bed and when I fall asleep.

11:30--I'm still awake, scanning Facebook and reading, which is not normal, but knowing that no one should be waking up before 7 makes me feel like I can afford to stay up. It's going to be hard to get back to normal next week!

No comments: