Sunday, December 14, 2014

White Christmas?


This little Peanut and I get to have lots of conversations as we drive. These little windows into the mind of a 3 year old can be quite entertaining (on less lucky days, these conversations involve him yelling and crying at me, which is not entertaining.) The other morning, after we dropped the big kids at school, he was quiet for a moment, and then chimed up,

"Mama, there's no snow because it's not Christmas yet."

"There's not always snow at Christmas time," I replied hesitantly. Like, never, if we're here, I thought.

"Yes there is! When it's Christmas, there will be snow." He was completely confident in his understanding of the holiday as only a 3 year old can be. I didn't know how to respond in a way that would satisfy him so I didn't say anything at all, but I hate that this little kid's idea of Christmas is about to be crushed. Growing up in coastal California, I totally don't need snow for it to feel like Christmas. And in our current part of the world, we love the mild winter weather that we usually have. But apparently movies have had a stronger influence on my little guy's idea of Christmas than his own life.

I hope this doesn't come back to haunt us next week.

No comments: