Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Making a List

And I'm checking it twice.

So much going on right now, but my on-going goal for this month is to slow down and take time for the small moments, especially with my kids. The list checking is essential to make sure I am as efficient as possible and don't forget the things that need to be done.

Upcoming Fun
neighborhood brunch
friends from out of town
a birthday party
seeing the lights
seeing the singing bears
church Christmas dinners
church Christmas program
cookie party with 4 ten year old girls
make gingerbread houses

Still to Make
felt garland
knitted stocking ornament
star wreath
wood nativity
one last kid gift
cards for the teachers
treats for teachers and friends
Christmas goodies for us

Honestly, the best part is that most of the to do stuff is fun for me, and a lot of it is low-key. Other than having something for the kids' teachers, I don't HAVE to do any of it (and I know that one is also technically optional, but its a priority for me, so I'm going to make sure that one happens.) Some of the other crafts I'm hoping to get to have been on my Pinterest board for 3 years. If they don't happen this year, they'll still be there the next. There only on my list because they sound/look fun, so I feel no pressure to actually do them unless I feel like it.




No comments: