Friday, December 5, 2014

Christmas Cards Through the Years

Or Christmas card photos, is probably more accurate. I'm too lazy to scan in the cards I do have, and there are a couple years that I don't have a copy of the card (and at least one of those years, I think is because we didn't end up ordering any, but I'm not positive.) But I thought it was fun to look back through the photos from the last 10 years.
 

2004--Our first card as a family. I'm not sure if we sent anything at all in 2003, but I know it wasn't a photo card, if we did. But we were pretty excited to send out cards with our cute little Bean on them this year. (Cruiseship)
 
2005--I'm not totally sure that we sent this card, but I know this was the photo that I had decided on, and then I spent a lot of time editing it to get rid of the backpack strap, but I have no idea where that copy of the picture ended up. (Disneyland)

2006--Or maybe this is the one that was never ordered. That would make sense. We had a newborn baby and Daddy-o was in school fulltime. But we had my brother take a few pictures while he was visiting that first week of December (Utah)
 
2007--I love this card. It's the only year that I convinced Daddy-o that we didn't need to be in the picture. We don't change all that much from year to year, so I figured no one really cares about seeing us, but these two kids were such great photo subjects. I have so many funny pictures of the two of them over the years. (Utah)

2008--Our first year in Charlotte, and we found these awesome ornaments in Uptown when showing off our new city to my cousins at Thanksgiving. (Charlotte)
 
2009--I'm pretty sure we didn't do a card this year. We have missed a few, and I can't find either a card, or any pictures that look like I would have used them on a card for that year.
 
2010--Last year as a family of 4. I was pregnant, sick, but determined to send out a card, which for many people was our announcement that we were going to have another little one joining our family. (Charlotte) 
 
2011--Family of 5, and the only year we've used a professional picture for our card. We'd had family photos done in November, so it was perfect timing, although we also had some fabulous candid pictures of the kids that I kind of wanted to use.
 
2012--I know we missed this one. Peanut was in the hospital at the end of October, right around when I normally start thinking about cards and photos. So, not only was life a little hectic and worrisome right then, I also didn't really feel up to writing a cheery Christmas letter when we weren't sure what was going on with our little guy. (Luckily, he's been fine.)


2013--Only time the dog has been featured. Not that we haven't wanted her other years. I remember trying to get her into the photos in 2010, but she isn't the most cooperative participant. Thus, the beauty of using individual shots. Our family photo didn't seem worthy of a whole spread last year, and I wanted to use some of the good photos of the kids I'd taken that fall.
 
2014--You're going to have to wait for this one! They haven't gone out yet, although for the first time, probably ever, I'd already picked them up by mid-November. Of course, I didn't touch them again until this week when I finally started working on our letter.

No comments: