Monday, December 15, 2014

Deck the Halls

This year, after a couple Decembers that proved to be too busy for me, I have actually found the time for some Christmas crafting, which means we have a few new decorations around the house. Some of these have been on my to do list for the last 3 years. But thanks to Pinterest, the ideas are safely waiting for the year that I actually have time for them.

Like this felt garland. I actually cut the circles out 3 years ago, but finally got around to sewing them onto the baker's twine this year. I like the little bit of color it adds to our mantle, although I'm not totally convinced that it goes best with our village houses, but at least for now, that's what is there.

This tree has also been on my list for a few years. I think it's cute. Wish I had some more unique buttons to use on it, but I'll have to be on the lookout for those for another year.

And the idea of turning our door into a snowman has probably been the best addition this year. It only took me and the kids about 15 minutes to put together, and it has made me smile every time I walk by our door all month long. He's such a happy guy.

No comments: